Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Oyako-Don

So the past week or two, I havn't really been doin much. Just loungin in my house or my back yard, running, training, or at the pool. Yes, the lazy life...or the bum life..or whatever people call it these days. And people ask me, so since you've graduated what have you been up to? Do you have a job? Are you going to interviews? The answer to those questions is a big fat NO haha. I havn't done anything but I'm perfectly fine with it. I want to enjoy my summer to the fullest by doing NOTHING haha. I just finished school, and I think I deserve a few months of just straight doing nothing and hanging out. I mean, when was the last time that you can remember...where you had NO worries, absolutely NONE. Worry free from school, work, up coming tests, hw that takes forever, waking up early to go to class, paying rent, making food, buying groceries, etc. I know im eventually gonna have to start looking for a job, but until then, doing nothing is what im going to do.


But tonight, my dad decided to cook up some dinner. Its been a while since our whole family was together to eat dinner. My younger brother tosh (pete) came home from UCI for the weekend. (yes i said UCI, he freakin lives in the UCI dorms....when we live 5 minutes away from the campus....dumb, and a waste of money). But anyways, my dad decided to cook up a bunch of random stuff....home made macaroni salad, RIBS, and his specialty dish OYAKO-DON. I'm actually surprised on how good of a cook my dad is.Never really thought the ex-president of Sapporo, a corporate business man junky guy could cook. But he can. He called me down stairs to teach me how to cook it and through out the whole cookin process he kept bragging about how the Oyako-Don is his "Go To" dish, and that I should make it mine also. With prep and all that, it took around 45 minutes to cook! but it was worth the long ass cooking process cuz it turned out pretty damn Bizzommmbbbb..haha. So I thought id share a quick recipe of the Oyako-Don in case someones wants to try cooking it! Enjoy!



Heres the recipe:
Ingredients:
  • Rice
  • Onion
  • Soup Stock (Dashi)
  • Soy Sauce
  • Mirin
  • Sugar
  • Eggs
Directions:

Cut Chicken into Bite-Size pieces and thinly slice onion. Put Dashi soup stock in a pan and heat. Add soysauce, mirin, and sugar in the soup. Put chicken in the pan and simmer on low heat for a few minutes. Add onion slices to the pan and simmer for a few more minutes. Beat eggs in a bowl. Bring the soup to a boil, then pour the eggs over chicken and onion. Turn the heat down to low and put on a lid. After one minute, turn off the heat. To serve, first put steamed rice in a deep bowl, then place the chicken and egg on top of the rice.

Baby Brother
Can you get the forks??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment